Thursday, June 28, 2012


The Chicago Way (Vintage Crime/Black Lizard)The Chicago Way by Michael  Harvey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Michael Kelly is a Chicago cop turned PI who is hired by his former partner to look into an old rape case.  He enlists the help of various contacts - journalists, cops and old friends - but when people connected to the case start dying, Kelly realises things are more tricky than they seem.

I've had this on my TBR for a while now and am kicking myself for not picking it up sooner.  I'm a big lover of crime thrillers, but haven't ever really read many noir - but I think I'm a fan!

I really warmed to Kelly as a character.  He's a man with a past, deeply flawed and seemingly unemotional but he's on the right side of the law (sometimes just barely!) and I'm intrigued to see where the series goes.

Plus - I love the cover on the edition I have!


View all my reviews

1 comment:

So many books, so little time said...

I love crime, never read this author. Will keep an eye out for it.

Lainy http://www.alwaysreading.net