Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Dark Inside (Dark Inside, #1)Dark Inside by Jeyn Roberts
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

YA dystopia seems to be everywhere in my TBR recently - sometimes it's great (The Hunger Games) and some leaves me cold, but I'm pleased to say that this - while not up there with Suzanne Collins' amazing trilogy - was pretty damn good.


An earthquake strikes North America (Canada as well as the US) and people begin to act strange - turning on friends and family and killing each other.  We follow 4 teenagers - and their struggle to survive eventually leads them to each other.  I liked the multiple POV's but did struggle a little with the 2 boys - I found myself having to go back to remind myself which was which and them both having names starting with an M just added to my confusion.


I found this to be quite a scary read - especially at the beginning and the short chapters and fast pace made this a page turner.  The second book is due out in the autumn and I'm really looking forward to it.


View all my reviews

No comments: