Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wishlist Wednesday



Blatantly stolen from Dani (via Jenny!) at Pen To Paper . Every Wednesday I will feature a book that is on my wishlist......................so, today I give you:



I fell in love with Michelle Moran last year when I read Cleopatras Daughter and Nefertiti.  I'd been reading alot of Tudor historical fiction (thank you Phillipa Gregory) and was keen to try a different period of time.  Madame Tussaud is Morans latest and I'm really really looking forward to it.

Here is the Goodreads description:

Madame Tussaud (1761-1850) escapes the pages of trivia quizzes to become a real person far more arresting than even her waxwork sculptures. Who among us knew, for instance, that she moved freely through the royal court of Louis XVI, only to become a prisoner of the Reign of Terror? Her head was shaven for guillotining, but she escaped execution, though she was forced to make death masks for prominent victims. Novelist Michelle Moran covers this breathtaking period without losing the thread of its subject's singular story.

2 comments:

lovely treez said...

I'm reading this at the moment (got it from the library). Typical me, I have two of her older books TBR but I just had to reserve the latest one. It's really gripping and she has such an engaging writing style. Must get the other ones read...eventually...

SazzyMCH said...

I managed to hold of getting it from the library when I saw it a few weeks ago - mainly because it was so hefty! I'm going to wait for the PB so it matches the others!

Glad to hear it lives up to expectation!