Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Top Ten Tuesdays - Books I Want To Re-read

Top Ten Tuesdays is hosted by The Broke & Bookish and past topics have included: Books Everyone Has Read but I Haven't, Jerks in Literature and Secondary Characters.

So in no particular order, here are mine:

1) The Borrible Trilogy by Michael de Larrabeiti  Simply the best kids books I read as a kid.  I devoured these tales of pointy eared children who lived underground in London and spent most of their time avoiding adults who will clip their eyes thus forcing them to grow up.  They are dark stories and the ending of the trilogy still makes me sad 25 years on.

2) The Harry Potter series It's been such a long time since I read the early books, and combing that with the end of the film series, I really want to go back and start again

3) Chaos Walking Trilogy - Patrick Ness I read this fairly recently, but I just know that at some point I will want to read them again.  Amazing series

4) The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini In my opinion, one of the defining books of our time - taken in context of the state of the world now it's even more relevant

5) Bitten - Kelley Armstrong I am a HUGE Armstrong fan, and knowing the Women of the Otherworld series will be ending soon, I can almost guarantee I'll start over at some point

6) Shutter Island - Dennis Lehane Amazing book

7) Room - Emma Donoghue What I said for No6.  And it's a read for my book group soon so I may reread it then.

8) The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas - John Boyle If a book can make me cry then it's definitely worth a re-read

9) The Hobbit - JRR Tolkien Just a brilliant brilliant book and my son will (hopefully) want to read it one day, at which point I will read it too.  Timeless

10) Lear - Edward Bond Technically a play, I read this for A-Level and remember ZILCH about it.  I wonder if I'd enjoy more now.................

No comments: