Monday, September 26, 2011

Book Group


For those who you who like to nose at what others are reading, here is the list of books my Book Group will be reading between now and next summer:

Oct - The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (The San Antonio library has 48 copies - and I'm 145th on the list!)
Nov - Dreaming In Hindi by Katherine Russell Rich
Dec - Life Is So Good by George Dawson & Richard Glaubman
Jan - The Art Of Racing In The Rain by Garth Stein
Feb - The Man In The Rockefeller Suit by Mark Seal
Mar - The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
Apr - Room by Emma Donoghue (One of my favourite reads of last year!)
May - The Immortal Life Of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
Summer Read - Dreams Of Joy - Lisa See

We choose by "lucky dip".  There are some GREAT choice in there and I'm really looking forward to discovering the ones I know nothing about.  The Hunger Games is a book I've been hearing alot about recently as it's been made into a film so I'm glad that was put forward.

I love my book group friends.  We are all military spouses and they were some of the first people I met when we moved to the USA.  I always have a good time with them and I'm determined to make this year the best one as it's my last one with them.

Anyway - share your thoughts on our choices.............I'd love to know what you think!

No comments: