Sunday, January 02, 2011

ZeitounZeitoun by Dave Eggers
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I wasn't sure about reading this book as non-fiction doesn't often do it for me, but this read more like fiction and was compelling, awful, sad and uplifting all at the same time.  In a way, I wish it had been fiction as it's still mind-blowing to me that what happened Abdulrahman Zeitoun, his family and the rest of New Orleans didn't have to happen, and in a so-called civilised society, it shouldn't have.

This book is a wonderful glimpse into one mans journey post-Katrina, the struggle his family has to maintain some normalcy whilst not knowing what has happened to their husband/father, and it shines a spotlight onto the best and worst of those who were meant to be in charge and helping........


View all my reviews

No comments: