Thursday, January 06, 2011

Men and Memory

.....or lack therefore of in my husbands case!  I was soaking in the bath earlier thinking I could hear what sounded like a hot water tank - which it couldn't be as it's in the garage, miles away from where I was.  So I dismissed it.  Fast forward an hour, and I'm in the living room (Chris having just gone to bed) when I can hear said noise again.........only now it sounds like the outside tap................I wander into the bedroom and say "I think the outside tap is on" to which Chris responds by leaping out of bed and running outside:  he'd turned it on about 3 hours previously to fill up the pool...........................thank goodness I heard it and didn't dismiss it!

I can't be the only one with a husband with a shoddy memory, can I?   Don't even get me started on the bath mat issue...............

4 comments:

Dizzy C said...

Oh dear!

Good job you were on the ball!

carol

Lauren said...

We've got the same problem over here! Sometimes he even repeats himself because he can't remember if he said something out loud! ;)

SazzyMCH said...

Lauren - I think I would rather that than Chris telling me "in his head" - as then he thinks he's told me!!!

Oh, and I just looked at the pool and it's about 1 1/2 inches from the top.............!

lovely treez said...

Snap! On countless occasions I question Bry about something he was meant to do and his standard response is "I don't recall..." - echoes of Bill Clinton, methinks!!