Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Under The Dome - Stephen King

Under the DomeUnder the Dome by Stephen King
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really really enjoyed this - I bought it a while ago and Chris read it first, but when it came time for me to pick it up I couldn't face the size of it, so I forked out the $10 and read it on the Ipad instead!

I was abit overwhelmed at first by the size of cast of characters (is there a rule that you should have almost as many people in a story as there are pages?!?!), but as the lines were drawn and people took sides it became alot easier - although there were so many "extras" who were introduced, only to be dispatched with that full concentration was often required! (A thought - if those characters had been in Star Trek and sent on an away mission, they'd have had the red jerseys on and then everyone would've known they were done for from the start!)

Chris wasn't massively happy with the ending but I didn't mind it.  I liked that King didn't let all the good guys live, but I liked how it finished.  I can see how some people wouldn't be satisfied, but I'm not one of them!


View all my reviews

No comments: