Monday, September 20, 2010

The White Mare (Dalriada Trilogy, #1)The White Mare by Jules Watson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It took me a while and about 70odd pages to get into this, but once I was I really enjoyed it.  The story of what is now Scotland, Priestesses and Druids set amongst the ever growing threat of Roman invasion, I think Watson has created a hero in Eremon (a man from across the sea - Ireland)that people will love (I know one reader who certainly does!).


I've recently been reading (and watching) a fair bit centered around the Roman Empire and it was so nice to read about the same period of time but have it set somewhere other than Rome = Watson managed to make the threat of the Romans very real without needing to devote much time to them.


This is the first in a trilogy and I will certainly be looking out for the next 2.


View all my reviews

No comments: