Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Goodreads........

I'm finally trying to get my TBR (to be read) pile organised and I'm joining my fellow bookies over at www.goodreads.com ......it's a work in progress but I think it'll be worth it. Not that I need it but I reckon the aforementioned TBR will be growing even more!

I'm currently reading The Sweetness At The Bottom Of The Pie by Alan Bradley which I think I'm really going to enjoy. I also picked up 2 wishlist books from the library today which I'm quite giddy about, and the Richard and Judy list is out with a couple that I really want to get my hands on (Operation Mincemeat especially!)

On a social note - the Lackland Officers Spouses Club reconvened for the 2010/2011 year today and I'm really looking forward to getting book club back up and running, playing bunco, and having lunch with new (and old) friends!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm a bit addicted to GoodReads, but I do find that it helps me to keep track of what books I've read so that I can list them on RiSi or recommend them to friends. I've also got into the habit of writing reviews for books, so that I remember WHY I liked the book so much that I gave it 5 stars!

DizzyC said...

please come and find me on goodreads! DizzyC on there too.

I was naughty today. I had a £5 voucher for WH burning a hole in my pocket and the R&J list was sitting just inside the door inviting me in. The list and some of the backlist were on buy one get one free.
Well I couldnt pass that by.
I came home with

Operation Mincemeat
The Wildings
Me and NO
and Her Fearful Symmetry (backlist)

carol

SazzyMCH said...

I'm really looking forward to Operation Mincemeat........if you get around to it soon - let us know what you think!

DizzyC said...

will let u know. I do think this will be the first I read of the R&J list.
I love history and although not really into WW2 history, this one has captured my attention.

Have found u on goodreads.
have a good weekend.
carol