Monday, May 24, 2010

Lost - Series Finale

Just a quick post to point you in the direction of a review of last night's Lost finale that sums up pretty much how I feel about the ending:


I think the fact that I'm still thinking about it 24 hours later tells you that it had an impact on me. I have invested 6 years into this show and it was always primarily about the characters for me. Yes, it would've been nice to get some answers to some of the crazy stuff that went on, but I was satisfied with the character resolutions (although, Sayid and Shannon while touching, seemed wrong!). Hurley was the perfect choice as Island protector. The man who cares about everyone else and followed Jack without question finally got his chance to shine.

I'm not sure how I feel about the "going into the light" ending, but it was nice to know that the island did exist, it did all happen and some people survived and lived their lives away from Craphole Island (as Alan Sepinwall in the link above calls it!) The last shot of Jack coming full circle and dying in the spot where he first awoke on the island, with the trainer still in the tree and Vincent by his side was as emotional and poignant moment I've had with a TV show for a long time.

Thanks for the last 6 years Lost cast and crew - it's been funny, scary, heartbreaking, frustrating and brilliant.


2 comments:

Saucy said...

I have never watched one episode of this, perhaps one to get out on dvd and have a go. Xx

jenny wilson said...

Lost has never really appealed to me!maybe i'll give it a go one day lolx